Unawatuna is a beautiful curved beach with safe swimming and a wide range of excellent restaurants, cafes, bars and shops.
- Safe swimming
- Massage and spa
- Cookery classes
- Fishing and other boat trips
- Beach shopping
- Gemstones and jewelry
The surrounding area is rich in historical, wildlife and scenic attractions. We can help you arrange short trips by tuk-tuk or van to:
- Galle World Heritage fort-city with museums, historic buildings, city ramparts, lighthouse and boutique shops, restaurants and cafes
- Beautiful, quieter beaches like Kogalla and Mirissa
- Seasonal whale and dolphin watching trips
- Turtle sanctuary
- Pretty local temples, inland waterways and country drives
Unawatuna also makes a great base for one, two or three-night trips to the South Coast, Yala Safari Park, the hill and tea country and shopping in Colombo, as well as longer ‘round-trips’ of the island. We can help you choose itineraries, transport and accommodation options.